From the JCB Properties' website, taken from an article in the Syracuse newspaper on September 1, 2009:
Built in 1915, the Engine 14 fire station at Solar and West Division streets had not been used by firefighters for a long time. The city stopped using the building as a fire station in 1961.
The building retains its original tin ceiling panels, brick interior walls and six large wood lockers where firefighters stored their gear.
It also still has a tower where firefighters hung their cotton-jacketed fire hoses to dry.
JCB Properties is a development company. They've done a nice job.